Vanessa Fox tagged me asking 5 reasons why I blog.
- So that I can write something once, and then I’ll have a place where I can point back to it. You try answering “I started/stopped buying AdWords and my rankings rose/dropped. Is Google boosting/penalizing me for buying ads?” for the 732nd time, and you’ll see the value in that. The answer is no, by the way.
- I wanted to see what it was like to be a webmaster so I’d have a better idea of how to help webmasters.
- So that I’d have a “guinea pig” site that the crawl/index/quality team could abuse, fold, mutilate, and spindle when they need to test something experimental, or to debug a problem.
- I wanted to be able to tap the most awesome power on the internet — the lazyweb. When I don’t know something, the readers here normally do.
- So everyone can enjoy getting to know my cats. You would not believe how many blog posts I do with Emmy sleeping on my chest. She’s napping on me right now as I write this. Here, I’ll take a picture with my cell phone:
That was Emmy and me just a few minutes ago. She loves when I blog, because the tap-tap-tapping of the keys puts her to sleep. Then again, pretty much everything puts her to sleep (sunlight, food, petting, breathing, …)
I think someone should start a “Cats of SEO” blog post.