In case people are interested, this is how my travel and vacations appear to be shaping up for the first half of 2007:
– I’m taking next week off. I didn’t really get to take much time off between Christmas and New Year’s, and my seven-year anniversary is this month (!), so I’m planning to get out of town with my wife, read a few books, and not check email. At all. 🙂
– mid-February: I think I’ll make it to SES London and then stop by Google’s Dublin office. It’s been a while since I’ve been to a search conference outside the U.S., and I’d love the chance to visit Google folks in Dublin. For that matter, I’d love to visit other Google offices from Hyderabad to Zurich, but it’s important to start somewhere. 🙂
– March: nothing but work planned. There’s a couple search conferences in Australia, but I think other Googlers will do a fine job speaking down under.
– April: I may hit SES New York, depending on how busy things are, but it should be a good month to get work done.
– May: I’m hoping to take a few weeks off in May.
– June: mostly work. But I may duck up to the Search Marketing Expo (SMX) for a couple days because I’ve never gotten to visit the Kirkland team on their home turf. 🙂
Right now the second half of
2006 2007 is looking like a solid expanse of work, perhaps with a trip to PubCon in November.